College Street, County Dublin
Tel: + 353 1 608 2320
The Book of Kells was written around the year 800 AD and is one of the most beautifully illuminated manuscripts in the world. The Book of Kells attracts over 500,000 visitors to Trinity College Dublin each year. Written around the year 800 AD, the Book of Kells contains a richly decorated copy of the four gospels in a latin text
The main chamber of the Old Library, the Long Room, is nearly 65 metres in length, and houses around 200,000 of the Library's oldest books.Opening Times:
The Old Library (all year): Monday-Saturday: 9.30am-5pm
Closed 10 days over Christmas and New Year period. Admission Prices: Old Library/Book of Kells:
Family Ticket €16 Group Admission Prices:
Group rates available.
Christchurch Place, Dublin 8
Tel: + 353 1 677 8099
The Cathedral was founded in the year c.1030 by Sitriuc, King of the Dublin Norsemen. Christ Church Cathedral is one of Dublin's oldest and most recognised landmarks. Dating back to the eleventh century, the Cathedral and the exhibition "Treasures of Christ Church" reflect 1000 years of history, architecture and worship in Ireland. The Choral services are sung by the Cathedral choir, which traces its origins to the choir school founded in 1480 and is famous for the taking part in the first performance of Handel's Messiah. Treasures of Christ Church displays a unique range of manuscripts, historic artefacts and spectacular examples of gold and silverware. Christ Church Cathedral holds a series of concerts, recitals and talks every year. Opening Times:
Jun, Jul, Aug: 9am-6pm
Jan-May, Sept-Dec: 9.45am-5pm or 6pm Admission Prices:
Concessions: €2.50 Group Admission Prices:
Concessions: €2.50 Guided tour:
(Pre-booked groups only)
Minimum group number is 10
Dame Street, Dublin 2
Tel: Tel: +353 1 645 8813
Dublin Castle is situated in the very heart of historic Dublin. In fact the city gets its name from the Dubh Linn or Black Pool (dubh = black), on the site of the present Castle Gardens and Coach Ho The Castle stands on the ridge on a strategic site at the junction of the River Liffey and its tributary the Poddle, where the original fortification may have been an early Gaelic Ring Fort.
Later a Viking Fortress stood on this site - a portion of which is on view to visitors at the 'Undercroft'.
The south range houses the magnificent State Apartments that were built as the residential quarters of the viceregal court. They are now the venue for Ireland's Presidencies of the European Community, Presidential Inaugurations and State Functions.
The State Apartments, Undercroft and Chapel Royal are open to visitors. On occasions, the State Apartments may be closed for State Purposes. use. Opening Times:
Sunday & Public Holidays: 2pm-4.45pm
Closed Good Friday, 25th-26th December, 1st January. Admission Prices:
Senior Citizens & Students (with I.D.): €3.50
Children (under 12 years): €2 Group Admission Prices:
Leader free with groups of 20+.
Minimum group number is 20. Facilities:
The Vaults Restaurant, Silk Road Cafe and Craft Shop are open to visitors.
O’Connell St, Dublin 1
The Spire of Dublin, a 120 metre high landmark in the heart of Dublin City, was unveiled in 2002.
The huge, striking, and innovative monument stands in the middle of O'Connell Street just across from the famous General Post Office. During daylight, the light of Ireland's sky over Dublin, the streetscape and its people is softly reflected in the stainless steel surface of the Spire.
From its base up to about 10m, the stainless steel is partially polished in an abstract design to provide a slightly higher reflective surface than the remainder of the Spire.
From dusk, the Spire’s stainless steel surface is softly lit by the ambient lighting of the streetscape. The base is gently lit and the tip illuminated from a light source within to provide a beacon in the night sky over Dublin. The Spire has its roots in the ground and its light in the sky.
120 metres high and 3 metres in diameter at the base, the Spire rises above O’Connell Street, breaking above the roof line with as slender and elegant a movement as is technically possible. It is approximately 15 centimetres in diameter at its apex.
St. James' Gate, Dublin 8
Tel: +353 1 408 4800
The storehouse was originally built in 1904 to house the Guinness fermentation process. In 2002 the Guinness Storehouse was reopened and it has become one of Dublin’s most favourite tourism attractions. The new storehouse models a giant pint glass and is divided into seven floors stretching from reception on the ground floor to the gravity bar on the seventh floor. Opening Times:
Seven Days a Week: 9:30am-5pm
July and August 9.30am-7pm
Closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, St. Stephen's Day & Good Friday. Admission Prices:
Senior Citizens €9.50
Student with ID under 18 €7.50
Student with ID over 18 €9.50
Children between 6-12 €5
Children under 6 free Group Admission Prices:
(Minimum group number is 15)
Family €30 Facilities:
Three Bars (Brewery, Source and Gravity), coffee shop, restaurant, meeting and events facilities, pull the perfect pint opportunity, wheelchair accessible. Complimentary car park on Crane Street.
The Ha'penny Bridge is Dublin's oldest pedestrian crossing over the River Liffey.
It was erected in 1816 as the Wellington Bridge and it acquired its better known nickname from the halfpenny toll levied on all users of the bridge up to 1919.
It is one of the earliest cast-iron structures of its kind.
Kildare Street, Dublin 2
Leinster House was erected in 1745. Designed by Richard Cassels for the Duke of Leinster today it is seat of the two Houses of the Oireachtas (National Parliament), comprising Dáil Éireann (the House of Representatives) and Seanad Éireann (the Senate).
The public are admitted when the Parliament is not sitting. Advance notice is required.
Junction of Suffolk Street & Grafton Street, Dublin 2
The Molly Malone statue is located at the end of Grafton Street, opposite Trinity College. Molly Malone was a semi historical/legendary figure who was commerated in the song 'Cockles and Mussels', a Dublin anthem.
She worked as a fishmonger but also as a working girl and died in one of the outbreaks of cholera that regularly used to sweep the city of Dublin.
St. Stephen’s Green was formerly common land that was enclosed in 1663. One of Dublin’s best attractions this 9 hectare public park is full of colourful flowerbeds, shrubberies and walks, the lake acting as a central focal point for all visitors.
Sunday and Holidays: 9.30am-dusk.
Christmas Day: 10am-1pm.