The Merrion’s Environmental Management Policy:
“We recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations, and to help secure the long-term sustainability of the Tourism Industry.”
To this end, we, The Merrion, are committed to taking the following actions:
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation
- To produce an annual Environmental Plan setting out our objectives, targets and planned actions
- To comply fully with all relevant legislation
- To minimise our waste and reduce our water consumption where possible.
- To reduce, reuse and recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical.
- To invite our customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment.
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives.
- To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties.
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets.
The Merrion was the proud recipient of a Silver Medal in 2010, and a Bronze Medal in 2009 in the 'Green Hospitality Award's'.