- Christmas & New Year 2017
- Guest Rooms & Suites
- Photo Gallery
- Restaurants & Bars
- The Spa
- Merrion Weddings
- Meetings & Events
- All About The Merrion
- All About Dublin
- Buy Gift Vouchers
The Merrion, a member of the prestigious Leading Hotels of the World, is located opposite Government Buildings in the heart of the city centre. Created from 4 Georgian Townhouses, the 142 bedroom and suites are arranged around two 18th Century style gardens.
We now have an excellent opportunity for a hospitality professional with experience within a similar quality environment, to join our professional team. Previous front of house experience is required.
The successful candidate will:
• Have previous experience in a 4 or 5* hotel in the Front Office or Concierge Department.
• Have the drive and talent to grow within our dynamic and service driven environment
• Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Be knowledgeable about Dublin city and surrounding areas.
• Have previous guest service experience.
• Have a full clean Irish/European Drivers licence.
• Work well in a team.
• Be a people person.
• Demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
• Have a Genuine passion for service excellence.
• Be computer literate and have knowledge of Opera or equivalent.
Main duties of a Hall Porter in The Merrion Hotel
• Welcome all guests to the hotel.
• Assist guest with storage, delivery and collection of luggage.
• Deliver newspapers, correspondence and packages to guest bedrooms.
• Safely dispatch guests vehicles to and from the Hotel car park.
• Provide information to hotel guests as requested.
• Assist guests with information on tourist attractions and facilities.
As a fluent English speaker, you will possess a high personal standard whilst embracing the challenge of being part of Dublin’s most luxurious hotel.
A full clean Driving License is required.
The benefits package offered at The Merrion includes:
Subsidised Meals on duty
Provision and laundry of uniforms
Private Pension Plan
Private Health Insurance
If you meet the above criteria and are ready to embark on a five star career, please apply online with cover letter detailing relevant qualifications and experience.